Wednesday 29 February 2012

Open Letter To Family, Friends And Kate Middleton

Dear Family, Friends and Kate,

I would be extremely grateful if you could all avoid getting pregnant before I do. I appreciate most of you are either already pregnant or have just had a baby and so this request is a little late in coming, but for those of you who have not, it would be really nice if you could just do me this one favour.

As much as I have enjoyed hearing your happy announcements of pregnancies or baby births, I'm really not sure how many more I can take. I'd really like to be next one making an announcement and so I need your help. If you don't have a baby, please don't try for one yet. And if you already have a baby, please don't try for a second. You already have one and I don't have any, well except William, but as you know he's living it up in Baby Heaven.  It's not fair for you to have two Take Home Babies when I don't even have one. Don't be greedy.

I appreciate this is a completely selfish request but after all that has happened in the past year and especially the past four months I think I am entitled to be a teensy bit selfish. I promise I won't ask anything else of you other than this. Just please don't get pregnant. That's all I'm asking. Not forever, but just until I have another baby in my tummy.

You see, I'm next. I have to be next....

And I should be next - not because I deserve to be but because all of you are either pregnant or have had babies already anyway. There aren't many of you left now who could beat me to it.  But in case there are any of you who have slipped through the cracks and haven't got yourselves knocked up before me. Then please don't.

Thank you so much in advance for your kind cooperation.

Much love,

Claire x


No comments:

Post a Comment